The art of marketing is never stagnant, and enterprises need to act promptly and decisively to keep their customers hungry for more. and that’s where the best social media automation tools come in.
With the hectic demands of managing a business, it can be challenging to add digital marketing stress to your workload. Fortunately, innovation has made it possible to carry out your social media marketing campaigns without directly involved in the process.
With these social media automation software, you won’t get caught up in the digital marketing web. You can devote more time to focusing on growing your business.
Here, we intend to reveal 8 automation tools specifically for social media marketing so that you can give your business an edge in the digital world in a fraction of the time. Let’s get started!
Best Social Media Automation Tools
- Keeps you updated on the performance of your social media campaigns, making it easy to tighten loose ends
- Allows you to grant authorization to your marketing team, so your social media channels are always active.
- You decide how posts are scheduled.
- Thanks to its lead ads and boost post, Facebook ad campaigns are firmly in your grips.
- You ensure messages on your Facebook page follow the rules by using the Social Inbox feature.
- Issues are received quickly using SocialPilot customer support.
- Professional Plan – $30/ month with a 14-days trial
- Small Team Plan – 50/ month with a 14-days trial
- Agency Plan – $100/ month with a 14-days trial
- Enterprise Plan – you will have to contact them for a quote.
Packed with lots of features, like social media scheduling, delineation of clientele, calendar management, and a lot of others. Social pilot doubles as an analytics and automation tool, catering to a wide array of businesses.
Another attribute of the SocialPilot is its compatibility with different social media platforms. Whether it’s Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook, SocialPilot has got you covered.
Perhaps the most outstanding feature of SocialPilot is that it allows you to stay on top of your social media campaigns. And this can be split into multiple accounts, reducing the possibility of any confusion.
Scheduled posts can be altered before they become live, as you can drag and drop them on your preferred calendar date based on your current business situation.
Using SocialPilot, you can identify promising posts and gray areas in your social media marketing by observing what has changed since the beginning of the campaigns, and of course, make the necessary alterations.
- Impressive browser intention
- Smooth interaction
- Multiple post submission
- It helps you stand out from the social media crowd
- Lacks fluidity in its Instagram compatibility
- iOS app leaves a lot to be desired
SocialPilot’s ability to bulk schedule content is a giant time-saver. When you can write everything out on a spreadsheet and then upload it into the platform with the click of a button, having all of your content in the right place, on the right date, and at the right time, that, my friend, is magic! – Dan F.
The interface is probably my least liked feature of the software. Sometimes I feel it takes too many clicks to get where I want to go. Maybe the UI is not as intuitive as I want it to be with where I think buttons should be. That being said, I do appreciate what they have available for me. – Brian W.
- Ease of Use – 4.4/5
- Customer Service – 4.5/5
- Overall – 4.⅘
- It has a post scheduler that’s compatible with most social media platforms.
- Its collection of attributes supports replies, social media posts, and mentions.
- Detailed analytics
- It makes it possible to locate social media influencers that can boost your brand presence.
- You can create in-depth reports using the analytics of the automation tools.
- Professional Plan – starts at $19/ month with a free 30-days trial.
- The Team Plan – starts at $99/ month with a free 30-days trial.
- The Business Plan – starts at $599/ month with a free 30-days trial.
- The Enterprise Plan – you will have to request a quote from HootSuite.
Among marketers and enterprises, the impressive reputation of HootSuite precedes it. The automation tool supports different social media platforms, primarily due to its wide array of features.
Considering this tool’s user-friendly interface, syncing your social media channels should be a walk in the park.
With this software, you can keep track of your social media channels without navigating different apps.
If you have multiple brands, this tool ensures you are fully conscious of each of them’s progress. Since the automation tools monitor brand mentions, you can follow customers’ thoughts regarding your brands.
- With the tool’s automation tools, you can execute social media strategies according to your defined plans.
- Regular upgrades keep users on top of their social media marketing game.
- HootSuite helps you keep track of your social media campaigns by providing in-depth reports as the need arises.
- Topnotch customer support
- Complicated user interface
As someone who uses Hootsuite’s “Free” plan, I’m incredibly impressed by what Hootsuite offers in the plan. My favorite tool on Hootsuite is the Streams. – Charity R.
Setting up the dashboard and making my first post was a little difficult for me. This was not an issue with the site itself but rather with my own Instagram settings. – Brenda K.
- Ease of Use – 4.3/5
- Customer Service – 4.⅖
- Overall – 4.3/5
- BuzzSumo analytics are far-reaching, covering all the social media platforms you’re familiar with.
- BuzzSumo avails users with the opportunity to personalize searches using an array of criteria such as the domain, forum, location, and more.
- It has tools that allow you to analyze specific social media platforms, check for content, and scrutinize questions.
- In addition to getting content ideas, the BuzzSumo app provides you with data on influencers relevant to your niche.
- The Pro Plan – starts at $99/ month with a 7-days free trial.
- The Plus plan – starts at $179/ month with a 7-days free trial.
- The Large Plan – starts at $299/ month with a 7-days free trial.
- The Enterprise Plan – starts at $499/ month with a 7-days free trial.
Anyone looking to take their content marketing strategy to a new level will find BuzzSumo to be most helpful.
You no longer have to ‘blindly’ pick content topics as the BuzzSumo app identifies trending keywords relevant to your niche.
With BuzzSumo, you get to understand the tactics of rival brands and use this to your advantage. And this explains the growing popularity of BuzzSumo among the endless pool of marketing tools.
By searching for a specific keyword using the BuzzSumo app, you can uncover the content that might be worth the effort.
On the BuzzSumo app, searches can be personalized to match your specific requirements, whether about timeline or location. Interestingly, the automation tool’s tentacles appear to have spread across the different social media platforms, so its data isn’t limited to a single channel.
- BuzzSumo helps you gain knowledge of the influencers relevant to your business so that you can collaborate for the progress of both parties.
- BuzzSumo ensures you pick up traces of sharable content topics so you build worthwhile links that will appeal to bloggers.
- The automation tool makes it possible to sniff out viral content that is specific to your industry.
- It lacks sufficient backlink information, complicating the link building process.
- It’s mostly inept in specific platforms like Twitch, but this is not a deal-breaker.
BuzzSumo is tailor-made for content research, competition analysis, backlinking and outreach research. It was instrumental in developing my long-term content strategy and adjusting it on the go. – Volodymyr B.
Nowadays, the product is spotty in what it delivers and what its purpose is. It’s monitoring tools for influencers, content, and social media doesn’t seem accurate from our standpoint. – Steven T.
- Ease of Use – 4.4/5
- Customer Service – 4.⅘
- Overall – 4.5/5
- SproutSocial is packed with features that make it possible to find relevant keywords and social media influencers.
- A streamlined interface makes it easy to automate your social media posting.
- SproutSocial has an analytics engine, so you can keep a tab on your social media campaigns’ performance.
Compared to SocialPilot considered earlier, Sprout Social is pricier. Sprout Social least expensive plan costs $99, which is more than SocialPilot’s $30 plan. Also, the Sprout Social plans are available per user, far from the multiple users attached to the SocialPilot plans.
- The standard plan – starts at $99/ month/ user with a 30-days free trial and no credit card required.
- The Professional Plan – starts at $149/ month/ user with a 30-days free trial and no credit card required.
- The Advanced Plan – starts at $249/ month/ user with a 30-days free trial and no credit card required.
For those interested in improving their social media marketing campaigns without putting in hours of work, Sprout Social is a must-have tool.
Loaded with many features that you’d only find in the best social media marketing tools, Sprout Social is an automation tool that lets you stay abreast of your social media marketing campaigns.
Using SproutSocial, you can delegate duties to team members so everyone is on the same page. This has caused the tool’s popularity to soar significantly.
Despite the limited compatibility of SproutSocial to social media platforms, you’ll find SproutSocial to be a powerful tool for ad placement in the digital space.
While SproutSocial doesn’t permeate many social media platforms, it’s still an excellent tool for scheduling posts and running ads. You can also use the automation tool for its analytics benefit.
Businesses of different sizes can exploit the SproutSocial automation tool to their advantage. And you don’t have to test the waters before making any commitments – a rarity among tools of this kind.
- Using SproutSocial, there’s nothing you can’t keep a tab on, from post engagements, growth in followers, the overall quantity of posts, link clicks, and more.
- Thanks to the SproutSocial tool, you can schedule posts based on previous engagements.
- SproutSocial lets you stay on top of your social media campaigns and see all mentions of your brand.
- SproutSocial isn’t flawless, mostly when posting on LinkedIn. Images in posts are reduced in dimensions.
- The social media automation tool stutters in creating ad campaigns for Instagram.
Sprout lets you add multiple profiles from multiple platforms and schedule social media posts at whatever times you want or using a queue with times set by you. – Eileen Moran C.
I think there could be some improvements that cater to the shifting social landscape—more work with being able to post to Tik Tok, for example. I also tend to schedule my Facebook boosted posts within the Facebook platform instead of Sprout, and I think the overall experience for boosted posts could be improved upon. – Nate H.
- Ease of Use – 4.4/5
- Customer Service – 4.⅗
- Overall – 4.⅘
- Buffer has a streamlined interface, which is reflected in the ease of use of its analytics functionality.
- It has allotted channels for social media campaigns on different platforms.
- Buffer examines your personalized links, which can prove handy in your social media marketing campaigns.
- It uses specialized metrics to provide you with data on the most effective times to publish posts.
- The Pro Plan – starts at $15/ month with a 14-days free trial.
- The Premium Plan – starts at $65/ month with a 14-days free trial.
- The Business Plan – starts at $99/ month with a 14-days free trial.
This is one of the best social media automation tools that gathers a lot of attention due to its numerous features. Buffer is compatible with popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Buffer, unlike much social media automation software, offers free packages, albeit with limitations. For instance, you can’t access Pinterest on a free account.
On creating an account on Buffer, you are entirely in control of how the automation tool works.
There’s the option of tailoring how the app handles posting to your situation or going with the default arrangement, limiting posts to about four days. With your scheduling dependent on the number of slots* available, you either add more of those or go with the flow.
You can navigate Buffer through its mobile apps for two of the most popular Android and iOS. The social media automation tool can also be used through its browser extension supported by three browsers, including Google’s Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- The buffer ensures maximum traction of your social media marketing campaigns by providing insights on when to post content.
- The automation tool lets you personalize your posts in line with the nuances of your social media channels.
- The free accounts are heavily limited as you can’t use the analytics and several other features.
- Buffer’s premium plans are more expensive compared to similar automation software.
- Buffer lacks a media library, which is a letdown as this is an essential feature.
Buffer makes it easy to schedule out your social media posts ahead of time, and you can also manage multiple different accounts from one place. At our marketing company, it’s also easy for clients to understand and use on their own time whether they’re on their phone or computer. – Amber C.
As a non-profit youth organization, having a low overhead cost for platforms such as this is extremely important, and I quickly found myself unable to continue using Buffer as my social media team grew simply because I could not afford their CAD 65/month just to be able to have a second user (without admin privileges). – Darien C.
- Ease of Use – 4.6/5
- Customer Service – 4.5/5
- Overall – 4.5/5
- CoSchedule lets you identify your most engaging content so that you can reschedule for improved visibility.
- From ReQueue to the seamless integration with WordPress, CoSchedule has a handful of purposeful features.
- The social media marketing tool has a streamlined interface, and it’s reasonably priced.
- You’ll find CoSchedule to be up to the task as far as customer service is concerned.
CoSchedule’s stand out attribute is its WordPress integration, so WordPress users can flood their social media channels with content links immediately when new content goes live. Not many social media marketing tools have this feature.
- The Blog Calendar Plan – starts at $19/ month with a 14-days free trial and no credit card required.
- The Marketing Calendar Plan – starts at $39/ month with a 14-days free trial and no credit card required.
- The Marketing Suite Plan – you will have to contact Coschedule for a quote.
CoSchedule was borne out of the need to assist entrepreneurs and agencies in running their social media marketing campaigns more efficiently. CoSchedule allows you to flood your social media channels with your content as the automation tool can be linked to WordPress.
With CoSchedule, you can track the level of engagements of each post you send out to social media using its comprehensive report. The ‘Top Content Report’ function is perfect for content marketers looking to track their campaigns’ efficacy, so they can make any relevant changes needed.
CoSchedule isn’t your regular social media automation tool as it prioritizes content. The tool is loaded with features aimed at improving the visibility of your content. ReQueue, one of the features of CoSchedule, lets you put your best content in the faces of your audience by rescheduling it.
- CoSchedule makes it possible to keep your crew aware of your content marketing campaigns using the uneditable calendar available with the tool.
- Calendar settings can be manipulated as you deem fit.
- CoSchedule makes it possible for users to have a picture of how they want their content presented.
- With this automation tool, you can define a routine for content posting.
- With more people using CoSchedule, the tool responds slower, which can be annoying.
- Many users have gotten error responses on publishing with the tool despite CoSchedule’s scheduling properties.
- Changes to be made to the template before posting can’t be automated.
ReQueue; This one tiny feature was great. It is still great, but from the last 1 year, you can’t move around the rescheduled item anywhere. You have the option to delete it entirely or skip for 2 weeks. – Zahra H.
I found out that scheduling blog post from coschedule doesn’t work, I’ll have to schedule it directly from WordPress to work; I realized that when I made a post and scheduled it to go out after a couple of hours, only to find it saying “draft” in WordPress and “schedule” in coschedule. – Abigail N.
- Scoop. is equipped with a highly dynamic calendar.
- It offers the use of filters to improve engagement.
- Scoop.it supports content curation.
- The Free Plan – starts at $0/ month.
- The Pro Plan – starts at $17.99/ month with a free trial.
- The Plus plan – starts at $79/ month with a free trial.
- The Enterprise Plan – call Scoop.it for a quote.
This automation tool doubles as both a social platform and a content management setup. Scoop.it is considered among the few premium social media marketing automation tools with a free plan.
Many content marketers will find the opportunity to build connections, in addition to promoting their content creation objectives, as a massive plus for Scoop.it.
With Scoop.it, you can collect and modify content from multiple sources through the tools content director. Add the ability to post this content to any of the popular social media platforms swiftly, and you have a truly valuable automation tool.
Using Scoop.it, you can get content topics as the social marketing tool helps you access relevant keywords. It’s no longer challenging to keep up with the content needs of your audience as Scoop.it makes the process effortless.
- With Scoop.it, you can post your content to social media platforms in a jiffy.
- Through specific keyword searches, Scoop.it helps you stay on top of the popular content topics.
- Whether it’s content sources or topics, everything you need to create quality content.
- Premium plans are on the high side, costing as much as $79 monthly.
- There’s still a lot of confusion regarding the benefits of Scoop.it.
As a marketer, business, a blogger, scoop.it has a lot to offer you in building relationships, getting backlinks, promoting content, finding new content ideas, and more. Scoop.it is all about content. – Sabih J.
Being a cloud-based SaaS content marketing app, it’s not as fast sometimes as you would want. It’s not super slow, but the refresh rate could be better. – Neil F.
- Ease of Use – 4.5/5
- Customer Service – 4.6/5
- Overall – 4.7/5
- Sendible makes it possible to remodel timeless content.
- You can track keywords using the Sendible notification settings.
- It transmits in-depth reports to other members of your team.
- Acts as a control center for every social media interaction on your social media channels
- It lets you modify content and schedule it, so your audience appreciates the value provided.
- The Starter Plan – starts at $29/ month with a 14-days free trial (no credit card.)
- The Traction Plan – starts at $99/month with a 14-days free trial (no credit card.)
- The Growth Plan – starts at $199/ month with a 14-days free trial (no credit card.)
- The Large Plan – starts at $299/ month with a 14-days free trial (no credit card.)
Finally, we have Sendible, which is similar to the previous social media tools considered earlier. It allows users to milk the goodness of social media platforms without having to exit the app.
Scheduling doesn’t have to be done individually for each social media account you might have. Sendible makes it possible to schedule posts at will while keeping an eye on your campaigns’ performance without having to exit the tool.
Using Sendible, posts can be scheduled based on your timeline, which can be months, weeks, or days – it’s all up to you. As icing on an otherwise sweetened cake, Sendible allows you to personalize content based on the social media platform by providing emoticons, memes, and other add-ons.
- It’s easy to navigate.
- Sendible offers professional customer service that resolves whatever issues you might have courteously.
- Its pricing makes it perfect for teams and large enterprises.
- Despite the growing popularity of an intuitive calendar, Sendible has failed to keep up with the times.
Scheduling Google My Business (GMB) posts were important to me. Sendible not only has this feature but allows the utilization of the ‘button’ feature when creating a post. – Nikki S.
It was tough originally getting to grips with getting clients into the software. There’s the option to have them log in through a website plugin, but when something breaks, you have to go back to the client to ask them to log in again instead of just keeping the passwords yourself and fixing it yourself. – Ethan S.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is Social Media Automation?
This is all about maximizing social media platforms and running campaigns with the aid of automation tools like Sendible, SproutSocial, Scoop.it, and others highlighted earlier.
2. What Do You Stand To Gain By Using Social Media Automation Tools?
With these social media automation tools, you can boost your digital marketing efforts while devoting more time to your business.
3. Between HootSuite and Buffer, Which Comes Out Top?
This is a tough one, and the capacity differences and pricing makes it solely relevant to the user.
While HootSuite costs about $29 monthly compared to Buffer’s $15/month plan, the former can is better for scheduling as many as 30 posts/social media accounts as the latter’s 15/social media account.
Best Social Media Automation Tools Recap
With the radical changes that abound in social media marketing, you have to be always on your toes; else, your audience might switch allegiance. This makes having social media automation tools quite necessary.
Besides, with the abundance of social media automation tools, the ones outlined earlier are the best of the bunch, despite variations in their features.
Additionally, before you opt for any of these social media automation tools, confirm what’s a deal-breaker for you, especially in reaching your audience.
Used any of these social media automation tools? Tell us what you think about them in the comment section.
Also Read: Best Email Marketing Tools
Also Read: Best Podcast Software